SCHOOL FOR ORPHANS
The Orphanage is established in the year 2003 in Barhi block of Hazaribagh District with the prime objective to provide homely environment and nourish the children to make better citizen of the country. The children who faced curse of losing their parents in childhood are provided education, skill development training, vocational course training, discipline in life and inclusion in the society. At this orphanage hundreds of children are grooming their life. These children come from various place of Jharkhand. At the centre presently there are 42% of girls and 58% of boys are studying and preparing themselves to compete with the normal ones in the world. All the children are educated by qualified teachers and trainers. The children get the opportunity to take part in other activity such as dancing, singing, gaming, sporting, and other competitions.
The Orphanage is playing a vital role for all round development of the children other than education. The children get the opportunity to develop their hobbies in sports, art and craft, dance and other cultural activity. The orphanages also provide them vocational training as gardening, tailoring, embroidery, bakery, repairing of electrical and electronic equipment and appliances.
BRIDGE COURSE SCHOOL
Bridge Course is a strategy to mainstream the children of older age, especially for those children who have never been enrolled in any school or have dropped out, back to formal schools through a nine month course. The bridge course centre has the primary objective to bridge the gap of non – school going children to mainstream schooling. At these centres the children take up their initial learning of the habit of reading and writing. The bridge course is located at Hazaribagh, Barhi, Bundu, Churchu etc. This is supported by Jharkhand Education Council under its SSA Umberla. NRBC, NCLP and JEPC.
These children were also provided with study material, learning kits, playing equipment along with other facilities and trainings to make them meaningful citizen of the nation. In this financial year three child labour school were run at different location In the Financial year 2010-2011, 19 bridge course schools were started in Hazaribagh, Ranchi, Ramgarh, and Bokaro District. Some 470 students have been enrolled in the bridge course and after successful completion of the course, 453 students were enrolled in Government Schools.
Name of the districts in which Bridge course centre are:
Kishori Niketan Programme’s objective is to provide education to the girls who had never been to school or dropout from school due to some reason and mainstream them to nearby Government school for completion of their primary education and higher education. This is a Residential school for Adolescent girls of the age group of 8 – 14 years. This has been started in the year 2009 at Barhi, Bishnugarh and Church Block in Hazaribagh. Each school covers fifteen Panchayats. At the centre the girls are being provided by quality education, counselling, health education and vocational training for their bright future.
CHILD LABOUR RESIDENTIAL SCHOOL
India ranks 113 of 176 countries on an index that evaluates countries on the wellbeing of children. According to Census 2011, 3.9 % of the total population of children in India i.e. 10.1 million children are working either as ‘the main worker’ or as ‘marginal worker’.
Jan Jagran Kendra believes that education is the key to break the cycle of poverty and exploitation of children. It is where social and economical development begins.
To curb the problem of child labor and to reform the life of the children.
It is active in Bihar and Jharkhand region.
- The parents of these children are sensitized about the perils of child labor and exploitation faced by the children at the workplace.
- Apart from education children are involved in extracurricular activities
At present 50 girls are studying in this school.
Children's Home [Ray of Hope]
The Children’s Home was established in the year 2003 to provide learning facilities for children from deprived families or destitute children. Since then it has come a long way in providing the educational needs of these children. The Children Home is situated in Barhi Block of Hazaribagh District, Jharkhand. This is a shelter home for children who don’t have families or have a single parent.
These children who reside here are from all over Jharkhand. At the home presently there are 42% of girls and 58% of boys.
At present, there are 60 boys in this home.
- On working towards the overall development of the children other than education.
- The Children’s home follows a strict nutritious menu for the children residing in it.
- Children are treated equally with utmost care and dedication.
- The children are provided with a home-like environment with proper care.
- Regular medical check-ups are done for the children.
- The children are provided education by qualified teachers and trainers.
- Apart from studies, extracurricular activities are also conducted for the children so that they can develop their skills.
- Vocational training is provided to older children such as gardening, tailoring, embroidery, bakery, repairing electronic equipment and appliances. These activities help them to develop their hobbies.
- In this home physical activities are also given much weightage and importance, which helps the children in developing their skills in sports.
- This home has all the facilities and is provided free of cost to the children residing here.
- Reproductive and Child Health Services
- Ante-natal check-up
- Referral for complicated pregnancies
- Promotion of institutional delivery
- Post-natal check-up.Immunization clinics (to be coordinated with local Subcentres/PHCs.)
- Treatment of common childhood illnesses such as diarrhea, ARI/Pneumonia, a complication of measles, etc.
- Adolescents care such as lifestyle education, counseling, treatment of minor ailments and anemia, etc.